1) Eyes: You Blink about 20000 times a day.
2) Hair: Hair grows about .5 mm (.02 in) a day.
3) Mouth: You will produce 37,800 l of saliva in your life.
4) Cells: There are 50 trillion cells in your body and 3
billion of them die every minute.
5) Nerves: Your body has about 13000000000000 nerve calls,
transmitting message at speed of 290 km/hr.
6) Brain power: You lose 100000 brain cells every day! The main thing is that you have 100 billion altogether. If surface area of your brain could be ironed out it would measure 2090 sq.cm.
7) Heart beats: Your heart pumps 13640 L of blood around your body in a day. An average heartbeat rate per minutes of our body
is 70 beats and this will adds more than 100000 beats a day.
8) Urine : You will pass 400 to 2000 ml of urine every day,
depending on your age, your size and outside conditions,
9) Chemicals: There is enough carbon in your body to fill 900
pencils, enough Fat to make 75 candles, enough phosphorous
to make 220 match heads and enough iron to make a 7.5 cm nail.
10) Can you overdose on vitamins? Overdosing on some vitamins can have serious side effects.
Vitamin A: Doses of more than 3752 mg can lead to liver damage,
hair losses and headaches.
Vitamin B6: Doses of more than 400mg can cause numbness in the mouth.
Vitamin C: Stomach ache can be caused due to high doses of Vitamin C.
Vitamin D: Daily doses of 600 mg can interfere with the functioningof muscles.
Niacin: Doses of upto 2000 mg are prescribe to
help lower cholesterol but this could cause
jaundice and liver damage.
11) Tea Or Coffee? The two main constituents of tea are “caffeine and tannin”.
A tea bag contains about 40 mg of caffeine and brewed tea about 30mg. Tea also contains useful fluorides, volatile oils and Vitamin B.
“Caffeine” is the main constituent of coffee. A cup of brewed
coffee contains about 80 mg of caffeine and instant coffee
about 60 mg. Medical studies show that heavy caffeine use
(more than 500 mg/day) may cause harmful physiological effects.
A cup of tea or coffee (without sugar and milk)contains about 16KJ of energy.
12) Fingers: Our fingers are so sensitive that they can detect a vibration with a movement of 0.02 cm. Our “finger nails” grow at the rate of about 0.05 mm in a week and hair about 3 mm in a week.